Last Updated: 26 September 2019
Effective Date: 11 March 2015
Thanks for using Router Limits! We take your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting it. In this policy we describe how we collect, use, and handle your information when you (whether you are a person or a business) use our website, customer support, software, services, or Router Limits enabled hardware (collectively the “Services”). In this policy, reference to “we,” “us,” and “our” means Router Limits LLC and its affiliates.
Anonymous Access to our Website
When you browse our website, we will not collect or log any PersonalInformation about you unless you voluntarily provide such information (e.g., registering, placing an order, logging in, signing up for promotions or notifications, requesting information, or contacting us).
We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
What Information We Collect
Personal Information. We deem information that you give us when you contact us, respond to us, sign up, set preferences, and subscribe to our Services, that identifies you, or that could reasonably be used to identify you, as “Personal Information”. Personal Information does not include data that has been aggregated or made anonymous such that it can no longer be reasonably associated with you. The Personal Information we may collect includes:
- Account and Profile: Name, password, email address, mailing address, phone number;
- Payment: Bank account information, credit or debit card information;
- Business: EIN, Sales Tax ID;
- Usage: Domains visited;
- Preferences: Personalized device and group names;
Other Information. Data that we collect other than Personal Information, we call “Other Information”. We collect Other Information through a variety of sources such as cookies and other similar technologies that record data about the use of our websites, websites and devices that implement our Services, and the use of our Services generally. Other Information we may collect includes:
- Browser type, settings, language, country, IP address, MAC addresses, device type, device online status, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the version of the Services you are using;
- Transaction data, such as items purchased, purchase amount, and date of purchase;
- Cookie and tracking technology data, such as time spent using the Services, pages visited, language preferences, site usage, and other anonymous traffic data;
- Information you may provide us when contacting us for customersupport
Why We Collect Your Information
We use Personal Information to: (i) provide the Services; (ii) detect and prevent fraud; (iii) mitigate financial loss or other harm to you and us; and (iv) promote, analyze and improve our products, systems, and tools.
Examples of why we collect your information include:
- To enable account, order, subscription, and payment processing;
- To display and report your data and transactions to you as part of our Services;
- To improve or modify our Services;
- To conduct manual or systematic monitoring for fraud and other harmful activity;
- To respond to inquiries, send notifications and provide you customer support;
- To communicate with you regarding a payment, and provide related customer support;
- For audits, regulatory and legal purposes, and compliance with applicable standards;
- To design and develop new products and Services;
- To send promotional, educational, and marketing communications;
- For data analysis enabling us to make decisions, operate, protect, and report on the performance of, our business.
- We may use Other Information for a variety of purposes, provided we comply with applicable law and our contractual commitments.
How We Disclose Your Information
We do not sell, rent, or disclose your Personal or Other Information to marketers. We may disclose your information as follows:
- With entities worldwide that we control, are controlled by us, or are under our common control, to provide our Services. We are the party responsible for overall management and use of the information by these affiliated parties;
- With companies that assist in providing the Services that you have requested. These companies may help us with things like payment processing (e.g. banks, credit bureaus, payment method providers), shipping, website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer support, communications with you, and auditing. These companies may also include authorized service providers and resellers through which you have acquired the Services, or by which the Services for your account are managed;
- When required in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- For safety, legal purposes and law enforcement. We use and disclose information that we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce our terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence;
- Credit and debit card information. If you do not notify us of updates to your payment method, we may participate in programs supported by your card provider to update your payment informationand avoid interruption of theServices;
How to Access and Modify Your Personal Information
You may access and make changes to your Personal Information at any time through your account. If you have any questions about how to make changes to your information, contact us by sending email or writing to the address shown below.
We reserve the right to use any legally appropriate measures to prevent, monitor, and investigate any attempt to deface, delete, or otherwise tamper with or abuse our Services, website, server, database, information system, or other technology assets.
You can also opt-out of receiving electronic communications from us. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that pertain to the providing of our Services.
How We Store and Secure Your Information
We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving your data exchanged with our Services. Contracted commercial server facilities are used, to store your Personal Information, that take security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of Personal Information that we have collected from you. These facilities may be located in various countries around the world. We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect your Personal Information within ourorganization. Unfortunately, even though protections are in place, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. In the event of a data security breach, we will notify you using your accounts primary email address. If your preferred contact method has been compromised, we will notify you through alternative methods according to your account. If for any reason you believe your information has been comprised, please contact us immediately.
Retention of Your Information
We generally retain your information as long as necessary to provide you with the Services, or to comply with applicable law. When you cancel your account, we can retain copies of information you provided to us and information we gathered through your use of our Services to develop and improve our Services, comply with applicable law, regulations, lawful requests, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to enforce our Terms or Service or other applicable and lawful agreements.
- Remember that you have visited us or used the Services before;
- Prefill forms with data that you have previously provided;
- Collect data to analyze the use of, and improve our Services and educational modules;
Most devices are set to automatically accept Cookies by default. You can change this behavior in your device settings. See your owner’s manual for more information. By blocking or deleting Cookies used with our Services you may degrade your experience or prevent certain Services from functioning altogether. Our Services and other functionality will not degrade, change, or be disabled even if our systems receive a “do not track” signal from your browser.
Collection of Children’s Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect or store any Personal Information directly from children under the age of 13 years old.
Some local laws, where we provide our Services, grant you certain rights about details or actions with regard to your Personal Information. Please contact as outlined below if you would like to exercise any of those rights.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer
Changes to This Statement
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail us at the following address:
908 West Gordon Ave, Suite 201
Layton, Utah 84041